2006-11-17

Computer viruses

Okay, so I was minding my own business, reading forums and articles. I go to see a video and am told my "codec" or something like that is out of date and to click here to update it.

Well - NEVER DO THAT!!!!

I got infected with so many viruses my local nerd said I might have to totally re-install. Luckily I didn't have to and he saved me. He also told me the best anti-virus is Kaspersky and I am now being protected by them.

Note: He said just use their anti-virus, not the whole security thing as that one is, as he said, "annoying".

I have to say that there are some nasty people out there. I mean all I was doing was surfing the Internet and a virtual bomb is left in my lap.

I am now madly backing up my computer which I should have been doing regularly anyway.

Just be aware folks.

No comments: