2008-10-05

Disneyland

For my daughter's third birthday and combination potty training success we went to Disneyland.

I haven't been to Disneyland in over fifteen years and let me tell you it is very different when you are a mom with a three-year-old.

Seeing "the castle" that you see in all the movies was originally the big thing for her and she wanted to go in it more than you really can. She loved the Snow White wishing well and sang along with the music.

We did spend most of our time at just a few rides that MLO wanted to go on, over again and again.

Her favorites were the Merry-Go-Round, the Dumbo ride and the Nemo Submarine.

When we were first getting on the Nemo Submarine she kept telling me she didn't want to. She then told me she had told me she didn't want to, over and over. I answered that we would do it quick for me and then we would leave, to which she unhappily agreed.

The beginning of the trip doesn't really have any Nemo stuff in it.

However as soon as we heard Nemo's Dad's voice (to a three-year-old he doesn't get his own name) and then we saw Nemo she screamed enthusiastically at the top of her lungs "NEMO".

Yeah, then it was almost impossible to get her off and she wanted to wait in the 45 min+ line to do it again.

We somehow convinced her otherwise but my goodness.

We also got to have the real and in person Snow White tell us a story.

We of course ended the day with the fabulous fireworks show. This last 4th of July we didn't make it out to see fireworks, so this is really the first time she has truly seen them.

The whole time she was wide-eyed and uhing and ohing. Of course then Tinker Bell flies around the castle and she nearly tried to fly up to meet her.

No comments: