2008-05-09

Never Be Hungry Again

Last night, on the way home from daycare, MLO and I were listening to our usual Disney CD (I made it, best songs from her favorite movies burned on one CD).

She enjoys the "bad guy" song from Lion King or Scar's song.

Listening to the lyrics he says "Stick with my and you will never go hungry again." I laugh when I hear this because of all the cultural references this has.

For example, Scarlett O'Hara from Gone with the Wind saying: "As God as my witness, I'll never go hungry again!"

Unfortunately my daughter will know Lion King as the first place she heard this. I hope she understands they did it because of these other cultural things and she takes the time to find out about these things.

This will be part of my test I feel on how well I raised her, will she understand these things, I hope so.

No comments: